Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why Do Homes Built on a Slab Draw Pests?

!±8± Why Do Homes Built on a Slab Draw Pests?

I wish I knew that having a house on a solid concrete slab foundation was going to be such a pest magnet before I ever purchased it. Looking back at the time when we bought our home my wife and I had never really considered having to deal with constant issues with mice, sugar ants and spiders on a regular basis. After having lived there now for 5 years I can tell you that there hasn't been a spring or fall that we didn't get invaded by one sort of pest or another and if I had it to do over I would have avoided the home altogether.

The problem with the solid concrete foundation is that as it indicates its right on the ground. Right at eye level for mice, spiders, ants and a magnitude of other household pests. A few things I've discovered over the years is that every spring, fall and periods of bad weather the mice, ants and spiders will immediately rush to seek shelter in my house. I can't even go into my garage without seeing at least one or two of those monstrous woolly black spiders clambering for cover.

Just in case you were in the market for a new house make sure to take into consideration that if you buy a house on a solid foundation you will definitely need to learn how to kill spiders, mice and ants. A few things you can do to help out the situation is keep the yard trimmed low around the foundation, eliminate any brush laying around the yard, get yourself a good mouse catching cat! If you don't want to spend all your time at the pest control department at Wal-Mart or be on the phone constantly with an exterminator definitely consider other options before buying a house on a slab.


Why Do Homes Built on a Slab Draw Pests?

Upholstered Headboards Quick Price Sony Muteki



0 comments:

Post a Comment










Sponsor Links